Friday, August 22, 2008


I am not good...


I don't think I am good in English. I don't think that I am good communicating with people. Did people ever notice that I tremble every time I am giving public speech or mingling around with people on topics that I don't have any idea at!!

It's a learning process...I am still learning and improving my English..People always thinks that I came from a family where English is the 1st language...Errrkk..wrong..very wrong..Both my parents, can't speak or understand it except for the greetings. Yes, during primary school, I ask them about this English exercise and they say they didn't know. I guess they were bluffing me because they were too lazy to help. But then I found out that they are telling the truth :( Shame of me. Hey, not my fault...they bought like a stack of great encyclopedias and gevergreen kids novel for my siblings and myself. How are they do it when they didn't even know the language???

All the credits goes to them...Without those books I won't be reading the encyclopedia by the age of 7 (I can read and understand English ..but can't speak yet)...And reading those Grimm's fairy tales...Heidi...Alice in Wonderland...to name a few...

And thanks to my elder sister and brother for the music influence :D Those Yngwie Malmsteen at the age of 8? And Bon Jovi...MJ...Metallica (And Justice for all)...Really into these when I was very young..and they also happen know how to rock that guitar...yeah!!

And thank you to all my siblings...for the inspiration and motivation..4 out of 5 went to study abroad...UK and US...but then..my fate is not as good as them...but yes I managed to enrolled in some local universities. Did I already mention that my eldest brother is the top 3 student for SPM result in Malaysia during his time? And my second brother is the the captain for STAR Junior Rugby team and they defeat Singapore on the SPM exam's eve? hahaha..

These are the things that shape a family. I wonder, if I am the eldest..how did the family will turn out? Did my youngest sister screw up? Did I gave good example to my siblings? Hmm..I don't think I can carry the burden, let alone the parent's expectation :D

Am so glad I am the youngest and have a good family that shape me to be a good person :D I learn to tolerate, to share and to defence myself when it is necessary...

And yes..I wrote this blog on Friday night where I had nothing to do except reading Jodie Picoult while listening to Maroon 5 or Jason Mraz...

No comments: