Friday, September 14, 2007

My Ramadhan 15-17 years ago (Oh my god...I am getting older..sighs) ~inspired after reading Syu's entry on Ramadhan when she was small~
Unlike some kids who fast whenever they like, meaning either half day, morning only etc2, I remembered that I wasn't fasting at all until I am 9 years old. Even during that time, I only fasted 8 days...I can still remember the figure :) 8 lucky days. Back then I was very active in cycling and always had an accidents. All the scars at my legs are all the proof to this. So, after I was exhausted, I always asked my mum whether I can break my fast and she was ok with it. I think maybe she thought, what the heck...at least my little girl didn't lie or cheats about this and I never did. Never had an attempted to drink while nobody is around..never thought of doing that at all...An wonder how some kids are able to do that...Lying to themselves...
Best of all is, when I'm 10 I had break my own record. Without any cheat nor lies, I managed to fast in all 30 days of Ramadhan. I feel proud of it...until now, as during that time we travel a lot to KL (for my brother's Petronas interview at Dayabumi for his scholarship) and still I did not break my fast. My mum even worried about this but she still respect my decision...How I miss her here and then and notice how I always try to put her in any possible occasion for my blog entry :)

2 comments:

The Wife said...

Hey Adesh, im bloghopping from Syu's and found yours. yeah, i got nothing else to do at home teehee. here's wishing u selamat berpuasa!

Adeshi said...

oh..miza rupenye..
:) you pun berkecimpung with the blogging thing rupenye...I br jek start2..mcm best je tgk org lain ade ;)
selamat berpuase juge..will add ur address in my links..surely