Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Currently reading...
Book : The Count of Monte Cristo
Author : Alexandre Dumas
I always like classic book being adapted into a movie. But the attempt to read it always end up halfway or even worse not even 5 pages... But last Sunday my sister, donut and me were hanging around in MPH when she was browsing at the classic books section. They are all very cheap, costing you like from RM 8.90 to RM 13.90. But be careful, and I don't think it is a wise thing to buy the one that has been abridge and commented by lecturers from various university. It will cost you a lot! In fact you are not gonna read it after all!
So I bought this book from Alexandre Dumas creation, The Count of Monte Cristo. I was looking for The three Musketeers as I always adore them and even still adore them in The Man in The Iron mask, but it is nowhere to be seen. I would love to read The Man in The Iron Mask, but knowing the ending is totally not the same with movie, I won't torture myself with the sad ending..sob2..so I settled with The Count of Monte Cristo!
Reading the books is challenging, so many classic verb which I didn't know and have to think carefully, here are a few example:
Word:
1) disquieted - worried, anxious
2) kine - another word for cow regardless of the gender
Phrase:
1) vision of the seven fat kine and the seven lean kine - seven years of plenty and seven years of scarcity
And many many many many more...I love literature...
It's like the fresh air for language..
About the book? Awesome and still 800+ pages to go..just finished around 80 pages!wish me lots of luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.. i agree on enjoying the movie and then kononnye nk read the book.. but end up half way through... same goes here... esp for the classic ones. yeah.. i enjoyed watching "count of monte cristo" too.. and i tried reading the books too... but apparently i can watch classic movies only but not reading them eeheh :D

Adeshi said...

hehehe...tulah..this wast the final attempt tau!kekekeke..tapi dah 1 weeks tak bace..ooops..adekah attempt itu akan berkecai? hopefully not :)