Tuesday, April 22, 2008


ROGER FEDERER WON ESTORIL OPEN (clay court)


Finally he won his first title for year 2008 against Nikolay Davydenko when he retire in second set due to injury. With his new hired clay coach, I hope he will make it in Roland Garros and claim his 1st Grand Slam title for Clay court!

*same hat again (*_*) wink~wink

Federer: “It feels great to win a title again and the circumstances were unfortunate. It would have been nice for Nikolay to finish. I think it’s the first time in my life that someone has retired against me – in 70-80 finals. It was cool in the cold conditions, but it is a great start to the clay-court season to win a title.
“It’s a good week for me to start off with. I think [Higueras] is happy for me, he didn’t confuse me and we’ll be off together to Monaco for hopefully a good week there.
“Nikolay felt something at the end of the first set, I saw Nikolay holding his leg before the changeover. I congratulated on a great run in Miami, Davis Cup and it is unfortunate to celebrate a win in this way. I’m still very proud to have won this tournament.”

No comments: