Friday, December 14, 2007

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?


Scenario 1:
This happened when I was in Canada for business trip with 4 of my colleague. We went to Calgary Tower and didn't made any reservation in advance. The waitress inform us that there are no seats available at the moment since they are fully booked. We then discuss with each other in front of concierge when suddenly the waitress said... "I guess today is your lucky day sir since there is a party of 5 just cancelled their reservation"....speaking Malay I said to my colleague, "Marketing strategy je ni...takkan tibe2 ade 5 orang cancel..."
What are the odds???

Scenario 2:
An aunty and uncle of mine came to KL for their daughter's registration in one of the college. They are too tired to drive back to Perak and decided to stay. They chose to stay in Kg.Baru area hotels. Without reservation, they asked if there is any extra room but the concierge says there is none. Then suddenly he said that a couple had just cancel their room booking and it is now available. Feeling happy they both thanked the man. And I was thinking...What are the odds?

No comments: