Sunday, March 1, 2009


FMDC Amazing Photo Race...(makes me smile)

I was just about thiiiissss close to actually retreat from this event...BUT..being a friend in need (yeah right!) I forced myself to hold on to my words...

A lil' elaboration on the format of the contest shall we? For those who is curious what the hell is this contest...race? photo? race to get a photo? shoot a photo about people racing? No! It is quit similar to the Canon Photomarathon but this time it was organized by the Fotomedia forum peeps...thanks guys!

We have to work in a group of 3..
Donat..Captain
Hasnul(soulezshifter)...and ME
...and there was 16 group participating. We have 3 Checkpoint..and at every checkpoint we need to shoot pictures according to the theme given. For checkpoint 1 and 2 where the time limit is 2 hours each, we need to complete 15 theme!!! Ting tong...I can see - more effort needed-a really loooong day-a tiring day- a dehydrated version of me- the cranky version of me- the moody version of me- the bitchy version of me! As if my weekdays of effort is not enough!

Checkpoint 3 we need to provide 5 pics and answer around 20 questions which I feel, we scored! Hihi..okok..enough said...here's the pictures submitted from our group...
GROUP 12 :
Hengusyhan..(read-hingusan-newbies)
I was having a terrible headache due to the hot weather and almost pull back (deeeep down in my heart) and feels like fainted if I stand up and puking when I talk to people!! Points were evaluated from the pictures theme, quiz and our timing (if you are the last team to arrive...there will be no pints given!)

And by the way, did I already mention???

We won the 3RD PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And to tell you the truth, I don't even have the tiniest bit of hopes on winning this..I mean..I am using an OLD camera..I only have my kit lens and 50mm(which 90% used thoughout the contest due to my laziness of changing lens)..in fact, our submitted pictures is simple! I was startled to hear the organizer announced 'HENGUSYHAN'...whooosh..a sudden relief to my headache..no ponstan..no fresh milk..the headache are now GONE GONE GONE!!!!

Checkpoint 1
1- Healthy Lifestyle
2- Reading
3- Sweet
4- Sculpture
5- Free
6- FIVE
7- Shining
8- Speed
9- Wrinkle
10- Narrow
11- Power
12- Soft
13- Islamic Pattern
14- Curved
15- Farther & Kid

Check Point 2
1- Heritage
2- Graffiti
3- Preparation
4- Uniform
5- Original
6- Hanging
7- Colourful
8- Heavy
9- Empty
10- Teamwork
11- Wet
12- Artist
13- Stripe
14- Broken
15- Bridge

Checkpoint 3
1- Tasty
2- Resting
3- Group photo with Welcome to KL Sentral signboard..(with the exact caption)
4- ERL model
5- 2 group members with 2 strangers

Compulsory Pictures
1- Reflections on the street
2- The beauty of KL
3- Modern transportation
4- Hunter while hunting

I will upload the pics tomorrow morning..seems like the Internet is a little bit slow tonight!!! And I need my beauty sleep for tomorrow's event!

The picts are here!!! -
http://flickr.com/photos/shahfiq/sets/72157614474321111/
or
my facebook album (too lazy to upload in flickr)


Mood : Tired...yet smiling
Bugsy mood : running...napping...drinking...
Doshi Mood : Active shutter makes me happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We won the 3rd place chim2..:D Still can't beleive it..hoho:p